Monday, March 28, 2011

FLORIDA

"Ritz Carlton in Orlando Florida is a very nice place to relax during treatment. Rocky had a little business and a little fun, I had all fun. The weather was wonderful and the hotel was amazing. Room service, smoothies by the pool, reading books and warming up those soggy Portland bones.  The long plane ride home was a direct flight and that was a little difficult. I had what they call an "anxiety attack". I have heard of these, but never experienced one. Let me tell you they are real! I thought for sure I was having a heart attack, and trapped on the plane!! I have never been happier to be home in my bed in my whole life!! My praise and worship music with Bose noise cancelling headphones kept me going. Rock and I prayed all the way home!! The next morning I called the dr and sure enough it was an anxiety attack.  Our Ladies Bible study gave me a blessings basket with gifts for each day with scriptures on them. Guess what, that morning I opened one and the scripture was "Cast all your anxiety on Him for He cares for you" 1 Peter 5: 7-10. Is'nt it amazing how faithful God is!

I am just starting my second 30 days of treatment.  I have had some back pain, had an xray and nothing to report. They think it is just muscles. Monday I visited the Integrative Medicine and accupunture clinic at Providence Cancer Center. That was wonderful. I learned so much about diet and exersice contributing to my treatments. I also had accupuncture on those muscles. That really helped. One of my wonderful friends sent me a great book. "Anti-Cancer"...A New Way of Life...I have inhaled it and went to the grocery store today with it under my arm.

Right now the Rocky, Travis and Dustin are making tacos and watching the opening baseball game Dodgers and Giants. My Dustin has been here since this all began and I could not be more blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment