Friday, June 1, 2012

"GOING PUBLIC"

May 16, 2012 changed our direction once again. Rocky and I entered the Dr. appointment with a sense of  peace and expected to be sent out with the same instructions we have had for the last 14 months. Not exactly....the scan showed some changes in the lung that we need to address with a "bigger gun". The Tarceva, (oral chemo) has been very effective these past 14 months. Now we need to start a regiment of traditional drip chemotherapy.  "Shocked we held hands and looked at the screen speechless."

I have been walking in faith that God was using this pill to whack the cancer totally. More chemotherapy was not in the plans, not in my realm of possibility.  My Dr. has cautioned us all along that Tarceva usually looses its punch and a more traditional chemotherapy is required.

I believe God has a story He is unfolding in my life. These last 14 months I have felt great, kept my hair, built my Caldera Springs house, enjoyed life with cancer in the background quietly controlled by the medication and Me. I was able to share my story with who I chose. It was in my control. I know God is giving me an amazing story of His healing and grace as this journey continues. I believe He has allowed the twists and turns to only show His glory in a more powerful way.  Now, with this new treatment God is having me "Go Public..." When you loose your hair cancer walks in the door before you do..."

I truly believe that God has given me this year to build this house as a blessing to others and a healing place to be used by Him. I guess, I am the first to use this blessing for my own healing. This week was my 56th birthday. Grandma Phyllis brought dinner and my favorite angel food cake surrounded by "Arn's Army" we stand united and claiming victory!!



"Do you only trust God for the things you cannot control?" A very good question I have been reminding myself  of every day. I am driving in a car behind a semi truck going uphill. God is above me in a helicopter hovering and protecting and controlling every aspect of my journey. Knowing what the future holds and loving us more than we can even imagine.

I have recently invested in an exciting outreach to Ethiopia through my church Portland Chrsitian Center called "Petros Ministries https://www.facebook.com/PetrosNetwork.
My goal is to visit the church we planted and the widow I am supporting in November. God has so much more for us all to do here on earth for his glory. Start looking, don't miss it....

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Patti!

    Thank you for sharing your life here. Reading your words this morning draws me right into the the throne room of God and into prayer for you.

    I just told Anthony about your desire to go to Ethiopia in November. We will be praying for you! Anthony is definitely going. We are excited for your goal to visit those who you have been supporting from afar.

    Much love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Patti,
    Just finished reading your last update...can Bob & I join the "Arn Army"? We will fight this battle with prayer with you! ~ Mary Arn

    ReplyDelete