Monday, February 6, 2012

"Walking in the Fire"

There are so many stories we remember as a child being told over and over again that were astonishing miracles. Jonah and the Whale, the parting of the Red Sea, the feeding of the 5000, Lazarus being raised from the dead, and Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego. Do you remember the phrase, "They were walking around in the fire..." They had refused to bow down to any other God.  King Nebuchadnezzar had made a statue of gold 90 feet tall and nine feet wide and had commanded everyone to bow down at the sound of the instruments and worship the golden idol. Shadrach, Meshah and Abednego refused to worship any other God and were thrown into the fiery furnace. God sent His angel to protect them and the King saw 4 men "walking around in the fire!" As the story goes the King called them out and confessed that their God had sent His angel to rescue His servants that trusted in Him. "Not a hair on their head was singed, their clothing was not scorched. They didn't even smell like smoke!" Daniel 3:27....

I was reminded of this story in my devotions this week. I immediately said out loud, "I am walking around in the fire." Really, would we just be walking around calmly if we got thrown in a fire? I think we would be scratching and clawing to get out as fast as we could. Well, there you are. Exactly how we want answers to prayer. I am struggling every day to calmly walk in the fire and trust that Gods angel is close beside me every step of the way protecting me from burning. I claim complete healing every day. I claim coming out of this stronger in the Lord, ready for Gods new plan for me and "Not even smelling like smoke!

I have been travelling back and forth over the mountain working on our home in Caldera Springs. "Over the river and though the woods..." My suburban is full to the brim every time with dish's, blankets, art, pots and pans, books and all sorts of things for the new house.  We hope to be in by the end of February. An amazing blessing for our family. I have given that house totally to the Lord and asked Him to show me how to use it for His glory.

I am having a few more radiation treatments this next week. I have been having pain in my back that led me to ask for an mri, thank God, and they found a new spot that needs radiation. There are only 3.... I am praying constantly for Gods healing to continue in my body.  Please keep my name on your prayer list...I am not out of the fire yet, but, I am holding hands with my angel!!



PS....Spencer and Missy are engaged!!!

"

1 comment:

  1. Patti, I think I would be scratching and clawing to get out of the fire... not even noticing the miracle of being in the fire but not being burned. I am praying for you as you are in the fire knowing that God is walking right beside you! God bless you, Sheri Kaetzel

    ReplyDelete