Saturday, December 31, 2011

The "Star"

Well, here we are looking at a new year about to begin. I can honestly say beyond a shadow or doubt 2011 has been the most challenging year in my life.  I have faced a mountain on January 28th I never thought I would ever have to climb. I am here looking back down the hillside rejoicing in what God has done for me and how He continues to heal me and encourage others through this journey.  There are days I wonder and ask Jesus "When will I feel normal again? why?  have I done everything right? what are You waiting for me to do before my complete healing comes?" Jesus reminds me on those days to just rest in His arms and walk in His peace as He holds my hand and we climb the mountain.

We read the Christmas story this year in a few versions and again realized the miracle of Christs virgin birth. The wise men tried to understand it, explain it, and in the end just "followed the Star" in total believing God had come to earth, born from a virgin, to be our everlasting Savior.  I am learning to look at the "Star" in my own life and claim restoration, healing and Peace everyday.  Leaning into Jesus everlasting arms and just trusting. I have met so many friends that are also going through cancer treatment it boggles my mind.  God has a plan in all things.

We had all the family with us this Christmas and just concluded a week together in Sunriver. The boys all left today and about 2 hours later the snow came.  It is snowing like crazy right now and so beautiful outside.

The house in Caldera Springs is just about done and has been such a blessing this past year. I wish all of you a "Happy New Year" and encourage you to just trust and follow the "Star" in total faith that God has it all under control.

"When they call on me I will answer; I will be with them in trouble. I will rescue and honor them. I will reward them with a long life and give them My salvation." Ps 91 15-16

No comments:

Post a Comment